The FOBG invites you to join us for a series of Botanical Art Workshops, with renowned botanical artist Mali Moir.
Mali is an accomplished botanical artist and graduate of Burnley. After horticulture, she studied botanical art and went on to work as the botanical illustrator at the National Herbarium of Victoria. Mali now exhibits her work and runs botanical art classes.
- Four sessions of 2.5 hours each. The next block commences on Wednesday 06 November
- The focus painting technique for this block will be enlarging fading flowers using watercolour.
- Each class will commence with a demonstration and discussion on the specific technique
- Small class size, beginners welcome.
- Materials Required: Watercolour paints and/or watercolour pencils, brushes, masking fluid and nib, 100% cotton watercolour 300gsm smooth paper or natural vellum, tracing paper & pencils – HB and 2H.
When: Wednesdays, Nov 6, 13, 20, and 27, 2019
Time: 10.00 am – 12.30 pm (the room will be open from 9.30 am for a 10.00 am start)
Cost: Total for the 4 sessions – FOBG Members $200 Non-members $240
Venue: Quad 4, Burnley Campus, University of Melbourne, 500 Yarra Boulevard, Richmond.
Parking: rear car park, off F R Smith Drive – see NOTES, below
BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL Phone Maria 0439 041 198 or email email@example.com
(NB: A minimum of 5 registrations are required for the class to commence. Maximum in the class will be 10 people)
Booking and payment in full by Thursday 11 July 2019
EFT – Please notate: your surname with the prefix BA (eg BASmith)
BSB 063420 Account No – 100 18095
Account Name – Friends of Burnley Gardens Inc
Payment by cheque –
Payable to Friends of Burnley Gardens Inc, 500 Yarra Boulevard, Richmond 3121
Click on the link to download the flyer: 2019 – November Botanical Art
PARKING is available on the Yarra Boulevard (Melways Map 45 & X872) for Burnley events, or on Campus if you have a Disablity Parking Permit, otherwise no car access to campus.
NON MEMBERS are welcome to attend our events and meetings.
FOBG presentations are held in the Main Building (MB 11) in the Burnley Gardens, 500 Yarra Boulevard Richmond, unless otherwise noted. Follow the signs.