The FOBG invites you to join us for a series of Botanical Art Workshops, with renowned botanical artist Mali Moir.
Mali is an accomplished botanical artist and graduate of Burnley.
After horticulture, she studied botanical art and went on to work as the botanical illustrator at the National Herbarium of Victoria. Mali now exhibits her work and runs botanical art classes.
- Four sessions of 2.5 hours each. The next block commences on Wednesday 17 July
- The medium will be colour pencil on black paper, exploring the chiaroscuro style. The first session will include some drawing exercises.
- Each class will commence with a demonstration and discussion on the specific technique
- Small class size, beginners welcome.
- Materials Required: Either polychromos or prisma colour pencils (not watercolour pencils)
Black Stonehenge paper (available for purchase in the class) Small objects to fit A4 or preferably A5 paper eg pods, red grapes, rose hips. (Dark coloured objects will assist with the chiaroscuro effect).
When: Wednesdays, July 17, 24, 31 and Aug 7, 2019
Time: 10.00 am – 12.30 pm (the room will be open from 9.30 am for a 10.00 am start)
Cost: Total for the 4 sessions – Members $200 Non-members $240
Venue: Quad 4, Burnley Campus, University of Melbourne, 500 Yarra Boulevard, Richmond.
Parking: rear car park, off F R Smith Drive.
BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL Phone Maria 0439 041 198 or email email@example.com
(NB: A minimum of 5 registrations are required for the class to commence. Maximum in the class will be 10 people)
Booking and payment in full by Thursday 11 July 2019
EFT – Please notate with your name
BSB 063420 Account No – 100 18095
Account Name – Friends of Burnley Gardens Inc
Payment by Cheque –
Payable to Friends of Burnley Gardens Inc, 500 Yarra Boulevard, Richmond 3121
Click on the link to download the flyer: 2019 – July Botanical Art