Mali is an accomplished botanical artist and graduate of Burnley. After horticulture, she studied botanical art and went on to work as the botanical illustrator at the National Herbarium of Victoria. Mali now exhibits her work and runs botanical art classes.
- Small class size, beginners welcome.
- Each class will commence with a demonstration and discussion on the specific technique
- Four sessions of 2.5 hours each. The next block commences on Wednesday Mar 11
- The focus painting technique for this block will be the use of Chinese White water colour as a base for other colours. The surface can be white paper or coloured paper. This technique is good to use with dry brush on small subjects with detail.
- Materials Required:
– watercolour paints and/or watercolour pencils,
– Chinese White watercolour PW4 (not Titanium White PW6)
– brushes, masking fluid and nib,
– 100% cotton watercolour 300gsm smooth paper A3 or A4 size (Colour of your choice),
– tracing paper & pencils – HB and 2H.
- Materials Required:
When: Wednesdays, Mar 11, 18, 25, April 1, 2020
Time: 10.00 am – 12.30 pm (the room will be open from 9.30 am for a 10.00 am start)
Cost: Total for the 4 sessions – FOBG Members $200 Non-members $240
Venue: Quad 4, Burnley Campus, University of Melbourne, 500 Yarra Boulevard, Richmond.
Parking: rear car park, off F R Smith Drive – see NOTES, below
BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL Phone Maria 0439 041 198 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
(NB: A minimum of 5 registrations are required for the class to commence. Maximum in the class will be 10 people)
Booking and payment in full by Wednesday, 4th March, 2020
EFT – Please notate: your surname with the prefix BA (eg BASmith)
BSB 063420 Account No – 100 18095
Account Name – Friends of Burnley Gardens Inc
Payment by cheque –
Payable to Friends of Burnley Gardens Inc, 500 Yarra Boulevard, Richmond 3121
PARKING is available on the Yarra Boulevard (Melways Map 45 & X872) for Burnley events, or on Campus if you have a Disablity Parking Permit, otherwise no car access to campus.
NON MEMBERS are welcome to attend our events and meetings.
FOBG presentations are held in the Main Building (MB 11) in the Burnley Gardens, 500 Yarra Boulevard Richmond, unless otherwise noted. Follow the signs.