The Friends of Burnley Gardens was formed in 1998. We are a non-profit, incorporated community organisation. Membership is open to anyone who is interested in supporting the Gardens, enjoying the company of like-minded people, and attending the variety of enjoyable, stimulating events held throughout each year.
We aim to
- provide support for and foster public awareness of the historic Burnley Gardens
- assist with special projects selected by the Friends in consultation with Burnley Campus staff
- bring together people with a common interest in the Burnley Gardens.
We meet monthly throughout the year, usually with guest speakers on a varied range of plant and garden-related topics. We enjoy visits to other gardens, and social occasions.
As a member you can enjoy:
- regular meetings with specialist guest speakers on a broad range of horticultural topics. Financial members received a discounted price
- our Papyrus newsletter
- contributing to the Gardens by taking part in working bees and plant labelling activities
- participating in a variety of hands-on Workshops
- joining the Plant Propagation Group
- researching the Garden’s history and helping with the cultural collection
- undertaking ‘Friendly Guide’ training and assisting with tours of the Burnley Gardens
- helping with special restoration projects in the Gardens, as part of their ongoing conservation and management
- picnics and other entertaining events in the Gardens
- tours of other significant gardens with FOBG members
- the University’s free Seminar Series at the Burnley Campus