The FOBG is a welcoming group of friends and neighbours of the Burnley Gardens, including former and present students and staff of the Burnley Campus, who love gardens and gardening. We are dedicated to supporting the historic Burnley Gardens, and we have a lot of fun in doing so!
Special interest this week:
MONSTER PLANT SALE
The last month of winter is here. Celebrate winter and its end, and get ready for spring, with a MONSTER Plant Sale, on Sunday August 31st.. VISIT PLANT SALES FOR ALL THE DETAILS.
- The Burnley Thursday Seminar Series is under way again for Semester 2. See Burnley Seminar Program for more details .
- The Australian Plants Society Yarra Yarra Group present their annual Australian Plants Expo on 13th and 14th September. See News and Events from Other Groups for more information.
- The Friends of Ballarat Botanic Gardens present Gardens in Spring. See News and Events from Other Groups for more information.
- Hellebore Nursery Open Days. For Hellebore lovers (and who isn’t?), this is a must see. Visit our Promotions page for more info.
- Bendigo Native Plant Group present The 10th FJC Rogers Seminar on “Brachychiton and Allied Genera” on 18-19 October. See News and Events from Other Groups for more information.
- the Gardens are open to the public, to explore, enjoy and relax in.
- you can book a tour of the Gardens for your group, escorted by our knowledgeable Friendly Guides
- you can help our hard-working Committee by paying for any special events or outings in advance. Visit Payments for details.
- you can hire the Gardens as a stunning setting for your wedding or special gathering.
- OUR REGULAR WORKING BEES on the 4th Monday of each month, starting at 9.30 am. Please phone Andrew to confirm you are coming (contact details below).
Andrew Smith is the manager of the Gardens, and our University liaison contact. Phone Andrew on 03 9035 6861 or 0417 322 657 for general
enquiries and bookings, or email email@example.com
Parking is available on the Yarra Boulevard for Burnley Campus events, or on Campus if you have a Disabled Parking Permit.
Banner photos: left Sue Murphy, centre and right Burnley Plant Guide Background: Syzygium smithii, from the Burnley Plant Guide Website created and maintained by the Friends of Burnley Gardens Contact firstname.lastname@example.org Last updated 17.08.2014