The FOBG is a welcoming group of friends and neighbours of the Burnley Gardens, including former and present students and staff of the Burnley Campus, who love gardens and gardening. We are dedicated to supporting the historic Burnley Gardens, and we have a lot of fun in doing so!
- To find out what’s happening in the coming months, visit What’s on?.
- For an overview of the year’s activities, see our annual Calender
2013 has been an especially exciting year, as we celebrated the 150th anniversary of the official opening of the Gardens. At the same time, we celebrated 10 years of Heritage Listing of the Gardens, and 15 years of the FOBG, which was incorporated on the 12th August, 1998. Meanwhile, we are looking forward to the New Year, and the SUMMER SCHOOL FOR GARDENERS, being held at Burnley. Visit What’s on?.for all the details. Meanwhile…
Special Christmas Gift Offer
If you are looking for a different Christmas gift for a friend, why not give the gift of an FOBG membership? The Committee are offering any new membership application received between now and 24 December (ie before Christmas Day) a membership valid up to 30 June 2015, which is 18 months of membership for the price of 12!
The membership details will be emailed to you to give to your friend or family member on Christmas Day.
To take advantage of this splendid offer, just visit Like to join, then complete the Membership Application. Send the completed form and cheque (or complete the EFT payment) to
Membership Secretary, Friends of Burnley Gardens Inc.
500 Yarra Boulevard RICHMOND 3121
A NEW GARDEN HISTORY BOOK Exceptional Australian Garden Makers by Dr. Anne Vale …
Exceptional Australian Garden Makers ‘Makes the Connections’ between Australia’s early garden making pioneers (many of whom were Burnley graduates), the mid century natural style landscapers and the generation of modern garden makers that evolved from the 1980s onwards.
Anne is offering a special rate for Friends of Burnley Garden Members, students and staff . Purchased copies can be collected from Burnley by arrangement (save $10 postage). Go to Anne’s Web Page at www.heriscapes.com.au to read more about the book and see various options for purchase.
This book by Dr. Anne Vale is not the still-forthcoming book, commissioned by the FOBG, on the designers who created the Burnley Gardens, which is being written by Anne with Associate Professor Don Garden.
And …don’t forget:
- you can help our hard-working Committee by paying for any special events or outings in advance. Visit Payments for payment details.
- the Gardens are open to the public, to explore, enjoy and relax in. (Your dogs are welcome too, but keep them on-leash, please.)
- You can picnic on the lawns, or make use of the free BBQ and Sugar Gum table.
- you can book a tour of the Gardens for your group, escorted by our knowledgeable Friendly Guides
- you can hire the Gardens as a stunning setting for your wedding or special gathering.
- our regular working bees on the 4th Monday of each month, 9.00 am – 1.00 pm. Meet in the Herb Garden.
Andrew Smith is the manager of the Gardens, and our University liaison contact. Phone Andrew on 03 9035 6861 or 0417 322 657 for general
enquiries and bookings, or email email@example.com
Parking is available on the Yarra Boulevard for Burnley Campus events, or on Campus if you have a Disabled Parking Permit.
Banner photos: left Sue Murphy, centre and right Burnley Plant Guide Background: Helenium autumnale from the Burnley Plant Guide Website created and maintained by the Friends of Burnley Gardens Contact firstname.lastname@example.org Last updated 9.12.2013