The FOBG is a welcoming group of friends and neighbours of the Burnley Gardens, including former and present students and staff of the Burnley Campus, who love gardens and gardening. We are dedicated to supporting the historic Burnley Gardens, and we have a lot of fun in doing so!
Special interest this week:
- A downloadable FOBG program for the rest of the year, and a glimpse into next year… See our Calendar page.
- Print a copy of the flyer for Chris England’s December workshop on espalier fruit trees. See Current and up-comimg.
- Save the date! Burnley Fellow John Delpratt will lead a tour of the grasslands and wildflowers of the Western Plains on Saturday October 25th.October. See Current and up-comimg.for all the details.
- Herb Society membership. The FOBG is now a member of the Herb Society, which meets at Burnley, on the first Thursday of the month, in MB10 at 7.30 pm (so the next meeting will be this Thursday. 4th September.) The Society has a borrowing library, and a monthly newsletter (in hard copy), which you can see at our monthly meeting. You can link to their website from our page Links to other groups. Thanks to Treasurer Jane Wilson for arranging this membership.
- Read all about the new Rain Garden at Burnley. Visit Whats happening in the Gardens.
- The latest newsletter from the Yarra Riverkeepers is available. Highlights are: Showing Melburnians the wonders of the Yarra – our talks and tours are popular. Seal of approval for the Yarra? – a surprise visitor to the river. Big thank you to City of Boroondara – for their three year grant. What plastics pollute our river? – results of our litter survey/trawls – Big thank you to City of Stonnington – for their grant. Riverkeepers worldwide gather in Pittsburgh – Yarra and Werribee Riverkeepers join 200 other waterway advocates in the US. Visit Others’ newsletters to read all about it.
- The Australian Plants Society Yarra Yarra Group present their annual Australian Plants Expo on 13th and 14th September. See News and Events from Other Groups for more information.
- The Friends of Ballarat Botanic Gardens present Gardens in Spring. See News and Events from Other Groups for more information.
- Hellebore Nursery Open Days. For Hellebore lovers (and who isn’t?), this is a must see. Visit our Promotions page for more info.
- Bendigo Native Plant Group present The 10th FJC Rogers Seminar on “Brachychiton and Allied Genera” on 18-19 October. See News and Events from Other Groups for more information.
- the Gardens are open to the public, to explore, enjoy and relax in.
- you can book a tour of the Gardens for your group, escorted by our knowledgeable Friendly Guides
- you can help our hard-working Committee by paying for any special events or outings in advance. Visit Payments for details.
- you can hire the Gardens as a stunning setting for your wedding or special gathering.
- OUR REGULAR WORKING BEES on the 4th Monday of each month, starting at 9.30 am. Please phone Andrew to confirm you are coming (contact details below).
Andrew Smith is the manager of the Gardens, and our University liaison contact. Phone Andrew on 03 9035 6861 or 0417 322 657 for general
enquiries and bookings, or email email@example.com
Parking is available on the Yarra Boulevard for Burnley Campus events, or on Campus if you have a Disabled Parking Permit.
Banner photos: left Sue Murphy, centre and right Burnley Plant Guide Background: Rhododendron sp., from the Burnley Plant Guide Website created and maintained by the Friends of Burnley Gardens Contact firstname.lastname@example.org Last updated 02.09.2014