The FOBG is a welcoming group of friends and neighbours of the Burnley Gardens, including former and present students and staff of the Burnley Campus, who love gardens and gardening. We are dedicated to supporting the historic Burnley Gardens, and we have a lot of fun in doing so!
Special interest this week:
A new FOBG Web Site feature What’s happening in the Gardens?
To keep us in touch with what’s happening in the gardens, our fine and dedicated Gardens manager Andrew Smith will bring us a small item (or two, with pictures) each week.
And in more news…
- Two of our members’ gardens are Open on the weekend of 15 – 16 November – a great time of year to visit lovely gardens! See our Promotions page for details.
- Newsletters have arrived from two of our sister groups – the Friends of Melton Botanic Gardens, and the Friends of Orange Botanic Gardens. Read all about their activities at Others’ newsletters..
- The latest newsletter from the Yarra River Keepers is available: see Others’ newsletters.
- An invitation to FOBG members from the Friends of RBGM
The Friends of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne will be holding their biennial botanical art exhibition The Art of Botanical Illustration 2014 from 25 October to 9 November 2014. See News and events from other groups for more information.
- The National Trust are holding their first-ever Spring Garden Festival, at Ripponlea. Visit our Promotions page to read all about it.
- Print a copy of the flyer for Chris England’s December workshop on espalier fruit trees, and for our End-of-year dinner and talk, with Philip Johnson (winner of “best in show” at Chelsea, no less),. See Current and up-coming.
- the Gardens are open to the public, to explore, enjoy and relax in.
- you can book a tour of the Gardens for your group, escorted by our knowledgeable Friendly Guides
- you can help our hard-working Committee by paying for any special events or outings in advance. Visit Payments for details.
- you can hire the Gardens as a stunning setting for your wedding or special gathering.
- OUR REGULAR WORKING BEES on the 4th Monday of each month, starting at 9.30 am. Please phone Andrew to confirm you are coming (contact details below).
Andrew Smith is the manager of the Gardens, and our University liaison contact. Phone Andrew on 03 9035 6861 or 0417 322 657 for general
enquiries and bookings, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Parking is available on the Yarra Boulevard for Burnley Campus events, or on Campus if you have a Disabled Parking Permit.
Banner photos: left Sue Murphy, centre and right Burnley Plant Guide Background: Rhododendron sp., from the Burnley Plant Guide Website created and maintained by the Friends of Burnley Gardens Contact email@example.com Last updated 31.10.2014