The FOBG is a welcoming group of friends and neighbours of the Burnley Gardens, including former and present students and staff of the Burnley Campus, who love gardens and gardening. We are dedicated to supporting the historic Burnley Gardens, and we have a lot of fun in doing so!
Special interest this week:
It’s nearly August, which means its time for our Winter Pruning Workshop, with Chris England of Merrywood Plants. Learn how to fit fruit trees into small spaces: lecture, demonstration and hands-on workshop. Work on your own tree (choice of apple or pear supplied) to create a beautiful piece of living art. See Current and up-coming to download the flyer for more details
- This weekend Friends of Wombat Hill present “The Winter Garden“, with guest speakers and other delights….. see News and Events from Other Groups
- Hot off the press, the latest FOBG newsletter. Download your copy today!
- Hellebore Nursery Open Days. For Hellebore lovers (and who isn’t?), this is a must see. Visit our Promotions page for more info.
- Or you could join the GPCAA Plant Trust folks for Hellebore Heaven. Click on the link to download the flyer to read all about this fabulous day of garden plant adventures. Hellebore Heaven.
- Bendigo Native Plant Group present The 10th FJC Rogers Seminar on “Brachychiton and Allied Genera” on 18-19 October. See News and Events from Other Groups for more information.
- the Gardens are open to the public, to explore, enjoy and relax in.
- you can book a tour of the Gardens for your group, escorted by our knowledgeable Friendly Guides
- you can help our hard-working Committee by paying for any special events or outings in advance. Visit Payments for details.
- you can hire the Gardens as a stunning setting for your wedding or special gathering.
- OUR REGULAR WORKING BEES on the 4th Monday of each month, starting at 9.30 am. Please phone Andrew to confirm you are coming (contact details below).
Andrew Smith is the manager of the Gardens, and our University liaison contact. Phone Andrew on 03 9035 6861 or 0417 322 657 for general
enquiries and bookings, or email email@example.com
Parking is available on the Yarra Boulevard for Burnley Campus events, or on Campus if you have a Disabled Parking Permit.
Banner photos: left Sue Murphy, centre and right Burnley Plant Guide Background: Syzygium smithii, from the Burnley Plant Guide Website created and maintained by the Friends of Burnley Gardens Contact firstname.lastname@example.org Last updated 16.07.2014