The FOBG is a welcoming group of friends and neighbours of the Burnley Gardens, including former and present students and staff of the Burnley Campus, who love gardens and gardening. We are dedicated to supporting the historic Burnley Gardens, and we have a lot of fun in doing so!
Special interest this week:
- An exit poll from our Propagation Group reported strong sales and a good profit at their latest sale, held on Wednesday 18th March.
- Flyers are available for our up-coming events – Clive Larkman’s talk “Cooking with Clive: an evening exploring and tasting fresh veges and herbs” and a succulent workshop with Sasha from the nursery. See Current and up-coming for more details.
and from our colleagues elsewhere…
- The Australian Lavender Growers’ Association Inc are holding their 20th Anniversary Conference in Ballarat from the 14th to 16th April.
- A lecture on Botanical Gardens & the Relevance in our Community will be held on 16th April at RBG Melbourne.
- An Open Gardens Australia event that would make a delightful Easter excursion - Back Lake, at Scotsburn.
- Open Gardens Australia has advised us of the opening of Cruden Farm on the coming Mothers Day, Sunday 10th May, 2015. This is the last time that this iconic garden will open for Open Gardens Australia.
Visit News and events from other groups for flyers with details of all these events
Meanwhile a reminder
CHANGES TO LIBRARY HOURS Those that use the library at Burnley should note a change to the hours in 2015. The library will be open for only 20 hours per week, Tuesday to Friday, from 1.00 pm to 6.00 pm. .
- the Gardens are open to the public, to explore, enjoy and relax in.
- you can book a tour of the Gardens for your group, escorted by our knowledgeable Friendly Guides
- or print out a copy of our brochure guide to the Gardens, and take your own self-guided walk.
- you can help our hard-working Committee by paying for any special events or outings in advance. Visit Payments for details.
- you can hire the Gardens as a stunning setting for your wedding or special gathering.
Andrew Smith is the manager of the Gardens, and our University liaison contact. Phone Andrew on 03 9035 6861 or 0417 322 657 for general enquiries, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To hire the Gardens for your occasion, email Ross Payne email@example.com
Parking is available on the Yarra Boulevard for Burnley Campus events, or on Campus if you have a Disabled Parking Permit.
Banner photos: left Sue Murphy, centre and right Burnley Plant Guide Background: Rhus succedanea, from the Burnley Plant Guide Website created and maintained by the Friends of Burnley Gardens Contact firstname.lastname@example.org Last updated 19.03.2015