The FOBG is a welcoming group of friends and neighbours of the Burnley Gardens, including former and present students and staff of the Burnley Campus, who love gardens and gardening. We are dedicated to supporting the historic Burnley Gardens, and we have a lot of fun in doing so!
Special interest this week:
- Don’t forget Clive Larkman’s talk “Cooking with Clive: an evening exploring and tasting fresh veges and herbs”
- By popular request: a GRAFTING WORKSHOP, with former Burnley lecturer Brian Shields will be held on Saturday 16th May..
See Current and up-coming for more details on these two activities.
- This week’s Burnley seminar will be a presentation and discussion from Karen Sutherland of Edible Garden Designs on the practicalities and politics of nature strip food gardens! – more details to follow. Note that this is a change to the published program.
- LIBRARY HOURS RESTORED Library hours that had been reduced have been restored, by popular demand (thanks to the students). General access will now be Monday – Friday 9.00 – 5.00. Students with access cards can also get into the study room from 7.00 am to 9.00 pm.
and from our colleagues elsewhere…
- The Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne Growing Friends are holding their autumn Plant Sale on the 18th & 19th April, from 10 .00 am – 4.00pm. See News and events from other groups to download the flyer.
- The Australian Plants Society Yarra Branch are holding their annual autumn plant sale in Eltham (cnr Brougham & Main Rd),on Sunday 3rd May from 10.00 am – 3.00 pm. There will be demonstrations of propagation methods from 12.00 noon, including seeds, cuttings and. grafting. See News and events from other groups to download the flyer. .
- A lecture on Botanical Gardens & the Relevance in our Community will be held on 16th April at RBG Melbourne.
- Open Gardens Australia has advised us of the opening of Cruden Farm on the coming Mothers Day, Sunday 10th May, 2015. This is the last time that this iconic garden will open for Open Gardens Australia.
Visit News and events from other groups for flyers with details of all these events
- the Gardens are open to the public, to explore, enjoy and relax in.
- you can book a tour of the Gardens for your group, escorted by our knowledgeable Friendly Guides
- or print out a copy of our brochure guide to the Gardens, and take your own self-guided walk.
- you can help our hard-working Committee by paying for any special events or outings in advance. Visit Payments for details.
- you can hire the Gardens as a stunning setting for your wedding or special gathering.
Andrew Smith is the manager of the Gardens, and our University liaison contact. Phone Andrew on 03 9035 6861 or 0417 322 657 for general enquiries, or email email@example.com
To hire the Gardens for your occasion, email Ross Payne firstname.lastname@example.org
Parking is available on the Yarra Boulevard for Burnley Campus events, or on Campus if you have a Disabled Parking Permit.
Banner photos: left Sue Murphy, centre and right Burnley Plant Guide Background: Rhus succedanea, from the Burnley Plant Guide Website created and maintained by the Friends of Burnley Gardens Contact email@example.com Last updated 16.04.2015