The FOBG is a welcoming group of friends and neighbours of the Burnley Gardens, including former and present students and staff of the Burnley Campus, who love gardens and gardening. We are dedicated to supporting the historic Burnley Gardens, and we have a lot of fun in doing so!
Special interest this week:
- In March, at our monthly meeting on Wednesday 11 we will hear about that wonderful herb. garlic, in a talk entitled Garlic the Great, with herb expert Penny Woodward. See Current and up-coming for more details.
- and on Tuesday 17th, join Gardens manager Andrew Smith for a late afternoon walk around the gardens. See Current and up-coming for more details.
- Always a hit, the latest plant sale is coming up soon. See plant sales for more information.
- HAVE YOU ALREADY PRINTED A COPY of the annual Friends activities program? TOO SOON! A newer, and complete version, with some changes, is now available. You should be safe to download this one! See our annual Calendar page to view on-line, or download a printable version as a word document.
and from our colleagues elsewhere…
- A fitting follow-up to our Valentine’s Day talk, perhaps? The Friends of St Kilda Cemetery are conducting a tour, Botanical riches of St. Kilda Cemetery, led by Heritage Officer and horticulturist John Hawker. See News and events from other groups for more information.
- An Open Gardens Australia vent that would make a delightful Easter excursion. Visit News and events from other groups to download the flyer with all the information.
- An exhibition of Australian Textiles is being held at the Royal Botanic Gardens Cranbourne, from 28th February – 9th March, l0.00 am till 4.00pm. Click on the links to download the brochure and/or the invitation to what looks like a very beautiful exhibition. Visit News and events from other groups to download the flyer and invitation.
- FRIENDS OF HAMILTON BOTANIC GARDENS Have been busy. Their summer newsletter is available for your summer reading (don’t forget these newsletter are listed alphabetically).
Meanwhile a reminder
CHANGES TO LIBRARY HOURS Those that use the library at Burnley should note a change to the hours in 2015. The library will be open for only 20 hours per week, Tuesday to Friday, from 1.00 pm to 6.00 pm. .
- the Gardens are open to the public, to explore, enjoy and relax in.
- you can book a tour of the Gardens for your group, escorted by our knowledgeable Friendly Guides
- or print out a copy of our brochure guide to the Gardens, and take your own self-guided walk.
- you can help our hard-working Committee by paying for any special events or outings in advance. Visit Payments for details.
- you can hire the Gardens as a stunning setting for your wedding or special gathering.
Andrew Smith is the manager of the Gardens, and our University liaison contact. Phone Andrew on 03 9035 6861 or 0417 322 657 for general enquiries, or email email@example.com
To hire the Gardens for your occasion, email Ross Payne firstname.lastname@example.org
Parking is available on the Yarra Boulevard for Burnley Campus events, or on Campus if you have a Disabled Parking Permit.
Banner photos: left Sue Murphy, centre and right Burnley Plant Guide Background: Sedum spectabile, from the Burnley Plant Guide Website created and maintained by the Friends of Burnley Gardens Contact email@example.com Last updated 16.02.2015