The FOBG is a welcoming group of friends and neighbours of the Burnley Gardens, including former and present students and staff of the Burnley Campus, who love gardens and gardening. We are dedicated to supporting the historic Burnley Gardens, and we have a lot of fun in doing so!
Special interest this week:
The latest issue of our newsletter Papyrus is now available. It’s full of news and interest. See our newsletter page to download your copy.
Awards for two Friends members!
October 20 was a great day for horticulture, with two Burnley alumni Dr Anne Vale and Sandi Pullman receiving awards in separate categories in the Victorian Community History Awards. Anne was awarded the Victorian Community History Award for the most outstanding community history project in any category, with her 2013 book Exceptional Australian Garden Makers, while Sandi accepted the Historical Interpretation Award on behalf of the Friends of La Trobe’s Cottage, for their work in recreating Charles and Sophie La Trobe’s garden The Garden at LaTrobe’s Cottage, Kings Domain.
Read more from Sandi about these great achievements in our Spring Newsletter.
The Propagation Group have done it again! Their Christmas Plant Sale is coming up soon – on Tuesday 9th November. See sales – plant sales for the flyer.
The plant list is coming soon. (There might not be any holly for sale though)
And in more news…
- The National Trust are holding their first-ever Spring Garden Festival, at Ripponlea. Visit our Promotions page to read all about it.
- Print a copy of the flyer for Chris England’s December workshop on espalier fruit trees. See Current and up-coming.
- the Gardens are open to the public, to explore, enjoy and relax in.
- you can book a tour of the Gardens for your group, escorted by our knowledgeable Friendly Guides
- you can help our hard-working Committee by paying for any special events or outings in advance. Visit Payments for details.
- you can hire the Gardens as a stunning setting for your wedding or special gathering.
- OUR REGULAR WORKING BEES on the 4th Monday of each month, starting at 9.30 am. Please phone Andrew to confirm you are coming (contact details below).
Andrew Smith is the manager of the Gardens, and our University liaison contact. Phone Andrew on 03 9035 6861 or 0417 322 657 for general
enquiries and bookings, or email email@example.com
Parking is available on the Yarra Boulevard for Burnley Campus events, or on Campus if you have a Disabled Parking Permit.
Banner photos: left Sue Murphy, centre and right Burnley Plant Guide Background: Rhododendron sp., from the Burnley Plant Guide Website created and maintained by the Friends of Burnley Gardens Contact firstname.lastname@example.org Last updated 24.11.2014